Health and safety
We regard safety as paramount and it must take precedence over all other objectives.
Halsbury Travel, proud member of the School Travel Forum.
The School Travel Forum is a group of leading school tour operators that promote good practice and safety in school travel.
All full members of the STF adhere to a rigorous Code of Practice and Safety Management Standards that are externally verified each year by Argent, the UK’s leading Health and Safety Consultancy specialising in Travel.
Where safety is a way of life
Health & Safety Policy Statement – Tour programmes
The Directors of Halsbury Travel regard safety as of paramount importance. They believe it must take precedence over all other objectives, which is why they have assumed responsibility for the development and implementation of the Safety Management System to ensure that all reasonable measures are taken so that clients are assured of a high level of safety throughout all of their tour programmes.
Halsbury Travel are committed to:
- Facilitate and promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Assessing the risks associated with activities and to introduce and maintain appropriate control measures.
- Provide safe transport and accommodation by using competent providers, compliant with local, national and/or international health and safety standards.
- Provide adequate financial and human resources to implement policy.
- Ensuring all staff are competent to apply the SMS.
- Establish and maintain effective systems of communication with clients.
- Regularly review and, as appropriate, up-date the SMS.
The application of the SMS and the monitoring and improvement of safety standards is the responsibility of all Halsbury Travel staff who are committed to strive to meet the objectives of this policy.
Worried about risk assessments?
Stf has published a very helpful document for teachers and group leaders going abroad with a group. You can download demystifying risk assessments here.